Nothing beats the feeling of making ice-cream at home. The only thing I hate about it is the waiting time. You have to wait for the next day to come to cover your urge. But then I really suggest, having a little cone or chocobar handy to cover the cravings of the day you are making the ice-cream and enjoy your homemade treat the next day!!! Howzzat? 😉 The time I saw this recipe, I had to make it. But I was really apprehensive how whipping cream would fare if frozen. But as you can see from the picture, the ice-cream looked amazing, and yes tasted amazing as well!!! I have not tried it with other flavors but yes, intending to do so soon….
- 2 sachets whipping powder
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 2 tbsp rose syrup
- Prepare the whipping powder sachets as per the instructions and whip using an electric mixer till stiff.
- Add the rose water and rose syrup and whip till well mixed.
- Transfer it to a freezer container and freeze until well set. I freezed it overnight. Scoop out and serve!!!
2. If you are opting to use packed whipping cream, the quantity to use would be 1 litre, add around 1/2 to 1 cup granulated sugar depending on your level of sweetness as well as the sweetness of the rose syrup (some rose syrups are horribly sweet!!!!) and whip till done.
3. To granulate sugar, simply powder your normal sugar in your grinder! 🙂