Moving on to the second recipe in the 3-mango-recipe series after the Tropical Overnight Oats, this is a very simple pudding for those instant cravings. I love sago a lot and therefore I always have a packet in my house to make anytime the sago craving hits. I have already shared a Mango Sago Kheer before but this one is more simpler, involving hardly any ingredients and does not take much time except the cooking of the sago! The kids and the men loved it to the core and I was a happy person… :)Off to this simple recipe…
Mango Sago Pudding
- 1/2 cup sago pearls
- 2 mangoes chopped and pulped
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp sugar as per required
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Nuts for garnish
- Soak the sago in lots of water for 15 minutes.
- Bring to boil and cook for 15-20 minutes till it gets a transparent look. Strain and wash in cold water. Set aside.
- Combine the mango pulp, milk, cream and sugar in a saucepan and start to cook.
- As it gets warm add the cooked sago and cook on low flame till the mixture thickens.
- Add nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Switch off and allow to cool. Refrigerate for an hour or so till the pudding thickens.
- Serve in bowl with some nuts as garnish and enjoy!