Easy and ready in minutes way of making mutton ribs, flavored with curry spices…
I have to say that I have eaten the most amount of ribs when we were with my sister last year in US. I can’t believe that it is almost becoming a year now since we have gone! The meat over there is simply delicious and my BIL being a hardcore carnivore, he used to keep buying for us a lot. It explains the weight loss I had in that short period, that I am still struggling to get rid of. :/ Hehe… So when the Blogging Marathon #132 theme of “Fast dinners under 30 minutes” was declared, this draft came to my mind since the ribs are the easiest part to cook and goes with any side of choice…
The rib has usually a very thin meat layer on it, and hence gets done really fast. Moreover, it will ensure that you don’t end up eating too much meat too than required. 😉 Pair it up with a fresh salad like this Salad Shirazi, some hummus or mouttabal and khubz, and you have a full meal on your side, in hardly any time. I would love such a meal any time of the day. 🙂 Only one word of caution – yogurt tends to burn quickly in the oven so keep an eye on it while placing it on the grill. Off to the recipe…
Curried Mutton Ribs
- 500 gm mutton ribs washed and drained
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil as needed
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and brush a little olive oil on it.
- Whisk ingredients from yogurt to salt in a bowl. Generously coat on the washed mutton ribs and place onto the prepared pan.
- Spray or sprinkle a little olive oil on top as well and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Switch on the grill and grill for just a minute.
- Take out and serve hot with sides of choice.