We are soon approaching school closure. As far as I am concerned, most of the Indian schools in the UAE are already closed for three weeks, before the new academic year starts during the first week of April. Actually, the year starting is always a cause of confusion back home. When we visit in July, we get asked whether we are skipping school, when we have already completed one whole term. 😀
Anyway, with the schools back home gearing up for two months of summer vacations, it is time to keep the tummies of the little ones happy and the mommies satisfied. Isn’t it always a hassle? The kids are forever hungry, especially when they are at home. Meals aren’t sufficient, so it means you either have something to snack on handy with you all the time. So this month, for Valli’s Kid’s Delight event, I am pleased to host this series under the theme “Snacks/ Bites”.
Basically, you will post on your blog anything that you would like your children to eat during those tummy growling sessions. They can be as simple as truffles, or as complicated as mini rolls. They can be quick fixes or something that you can store up in a big dabba. The ideas are many. So get your aprons on and cook up what you would for your tots during this vacation period, or anytime they would come and say, “Mamma, bhook lagi hai!” 😉
Some basic rules for the event:
- Recipes have to match the theme – ie. in bite sizes or pick-and-go.
- Vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes are accepted.
- Multiple entries are allowed.
- All entries are to be linked to Valli’s event announcement page and this page. To make it easier, simply copy and paste: “Sending this entry to Valli’s Kid’s Delight event hosted by Rafeeda.”
- You can enter an old post, provided that you update the post with the above declaration.
- Sharing the logo is not mandatory but will be highly appreciated.
- Non-bloggers can send in their entries too! Simply email me at “firstname.lastname@example.org” and your entry will be featured during the round up next month.
So that’s about it. Don’t forget to link in your valuable entries into the linky tool below.