These brownies were once baked for my chocolate crazy Rasha who wanted a chocolate cake “now now!” and had no patience to wait. I rarely make microwave cakes as I don’t tend to like their texture. Sometimes, it goes too dry beyond our liking, unless and until you know your microwave oven inside out. After more than one and half year, I am still not comfortable with my oven, especially the convection mode. I know I have done some good bakes, but none of those have come without some anxiety hits!!! I loved this bake, obviously because it was chocolate (duh!!!) but then I missed the brownie texture, it turned out quite crumbly. But still who is complaining, as long as the pan goes empty in minutes… 🙂 Recipe adapted from here
If you are looking for an egg based microwaveable brownie, then do try these Three Nut Brownies – they are just awesome, I must say…
- 8 oz (113 gm) semi sweet cooking chocolate bar (I used Hersheys)
- 120 gm butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- Grease an 8 inch brownie pan well. Sieve the flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave and mix well.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla essence and whisk vigorously till well incorporated.
- Add the sieved flour, walnuts and milk and mix slowly without any lumps. The batter will be really thick.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan. Microwave on high for 7 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes. Check with tester if done. If not done, then microwave again for another 3 minutes (which I did).
- Cool completely in pan, then cool on your rack. Slice and serve along with tea or coffee!!!