Adding one more to my small list of soups on the blog, which you can check out here to know… For those who love tomatoes, this soup is a good try. The flavors are tangy and very light to the stomach. What more, you can make it bulk and just freeze it, so when you are in a mood for some soup but not in a mood to cook, just thaw it and heat it and it is as good as new! I have tried it and I really loved it, though HD was like, “Why are you heating up that old soup???” Hehe… Recipe loosely adapted from here
Easy Tomato Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 clove garlic crushed
- 1 onions sliced
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 750 gm tomatoes chopped into chunks
- 3 bay leaves shredded
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 750 ml hot water
- 2 stock cubes
- Chopped coriander for garnish
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil. Saute garlic briefly.
- Add the onions and carrots and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and saute till it coats.
- Now add in the rest of the ingredients and close the lid of the cooker.
- Cook for three whistles on medium flame. Switch off and allow the vapor to go on its own.
- Open the lid of the cooker and using a hand blender, blitz the cooked tomato mixture till smooth. Pass through a sieve into another bowl.
- Warm briefly, while adjusting sugar, salt and pepper before serving with coriander garnish.
The soup is of flowing consistency. If you like yours a little thicker, then during the final warming, add in a slurry of cornflour (2 tbsp corn flour diluted in 1/2 cup of water would do) and cook till the soup thickens.