It has been ages since I have not shared any quote for you guys, so there you go, a quote that I have literally fallen in love with now… Many of us don’t realise that we have to just be ourselves to be the most beautiful people we are. The Almighty has made us in a very special manner, and once we realise that, we will not have the urge to please anybody else, apart from the Creator himself… 🙂
Off to today’s recipe, I guess I am posting an ice cream recipe after quite sometime. I have gone slow on making sweet stuff as all of you know. I had made this ice cream sometime ago, but as usual kept delaying its posting. One of the best that I have made so far, but then so far to go to say, since it has the use of gelatin in it for setting, not everybody can try making it as such. Having absolutely yummy flavors – who does not like Oreo??? Not me, of course, but I definitely don’t mind having it in this ice cream, for sure… 😉 Recipe Courtesy: Dream Whip
- 1 tin (385 gms) evaporated milk
- 2 sachets whipping cream powder (non-diary)
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 sachet (10 gm) gelatine
- 2 tbsp cold water
- ½ cup crushed Oreos
- Chill the evaporated milk till use.
- Empty the evaporated milk into a mixing bowl and add the whipping cream powder, icing sugar and vanilla essence.
- Beat well on high speed till the mixture becomes fluffy and thick.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the cold water and leave to bloom.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave on low powder till the gelatine is completely dissolved.
- Add this to the beaten mixture and beat again till well incorporated.
- Fold in the crushed Oreos. Freeze till set, preferably overnight.
- Scoop out to serve and devour!!!
2. Ensure the gelatine is well dissolved, without any lumps and beaten well into the mixture. Otherwise it leaves a lumpy taste at various parts of the ice cream, which tastes really bad!!!