Blankness seems to be the call of the day. Mostly when I open a blog post, I stare at the screen with an empty feeling, not knowing how to go ahead. Writer’s block, I suppose. 🙂 Or maybe I am just overwhelmed by a lot of things around… hehe… I really don’t know. But since I am not in a mood to keep the blog blank, I will go ahead and do the post for the day.
I love combinations of lentils with non-veg, just like this Murg Chanay. As soon as I saw this recipe on Haffa’s space, I had to try it. Even the name she mentioned was so interesting. But when I searched Google just for my information, I noticed Mexicali Chicken was a totally different dish, so I refrained from using that name, instead just kept it straightforward. Hehe… This is just the type for a lazy dinner or lunch. It is amazing with some plain rice or chapathis and cooks up so fast, especially since canned beans is used in the dish, but if you have cooked up fresh beans in your fridge, then use that up as well. I would really suggest to save this up and make it during a really lazy night… you can thank me later! 😉
Chicken with Kidney Beans
- 400 gm boneless chicken cut into strips
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 cloves garlic pound
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 3 to matoes chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 can 400 gm red kidney beans
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Fry garlic till a nice aroma comes.
- Add the onions and saute till just wilted.
- Add in the chicken with salt and cook till the chicken becomes white.
- Add the ingredients from tomato to chilli flakes and cook on low flame till the chicken is almost done.
- Add in the kidney beans and cook for another five minutes.
- Add in the coriander leaves and leave it for a minute.
- Switch off and serve hot.