While going through the blog and the previous 3-back-to-back series, I realized that my major concentration was on the sweet than savory! Hehe… so like me, I know… 😀 So this time, I purposely decided to choose a theme that is not sweet. After a bit of racking my head, I decided to choose my favorite vegetable – potato! I am not sure if there is anybody who hates potatoes. I used to initially get a cold response from my family but now I have converted them into potato lovers! 😉 Potato is in fact one of the easiest vegetable to cook and can be consumed in so many different ways and so many combinations. I already have a few on the blog and just adding another three more to the list! 😉
The first recipe coming your way is a super easy salad. Protein and vegetables tossed up with minimal oil and some basic spices and you have a filling dinner in hand! The best part about this recipe is that you fry the potatoes in the chicken stock and it gives an amazing flavor to this whole dessert. Normally, my kids are not salad-friendly but they loved this one, thanks to the chicken in it. Hehe… If you are in a mood to eat, but don’t want to cook anything elaborate, then I suggest you make this salad and enjoy! Off to the recipe…
Chicken Potato Salad
- 500 gm boneless chicken
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 baby potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large cucumber
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Cut the chicken into strips. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into pieces. Boil in salted water till done. Drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil. Once heated, add the marinated chicken strips and saute on high till it gets whitish and is cooked.
- As it releases its stock and is getting cooked, add the potatoes and toss. Cook till the stock is all dried up.
- Chop the cucumber and cherry tomatoes and place in a bowl.
- Add in the chicken and potatoes and toss till well combined.
- Sprinkle in the chilli flakes and parsely. Serve hot.