Sharing with you a simple, yet delicious curry made of chicken liver, which can be done in a jiffy during those lazy nights when you really aren’t in a mood for something elaborate. I really don’t have a potato crazy family, even though I love potatoes, so cooking with them in a non-veg dish is the only way I can get my fair share! Hehe… off to this breeze of a curry… Do you like cooking with chicken liver? Then here is a tempting Chicken Liver Roast and another easy Chicken Liver Curry.
Chicken Liver Potato Curry
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 twig curry leaves
- 2 large onions sliced
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 large potato cut into small pieces
- 500 gm chicken liver/ gizzard cleaned well and drained
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Briefly fry the curry leaves.
- Add the onion and green chillies and saute till soft.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes and cook till raw smell is gone.
- Add the masala powder and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes get mashed up.
- Add the chopped potato, chicken liver, black pepper and garam masala with hardly 1/2 cup of water and give a nice mix.
- Cook on closed lid on medium-low flame till the liver and potatoes are completely cooked. Switch off flame and adjust salt.
- Serve warm with rice or chapathis!