Meanwhile, please do not forget that my event is ending tomorrow. So do send in your entries before it finishes. I would love to hear from you all… 🙂
I always love quick desserts, that you can put together within no time and just dump it in. I was really in a mood to have something sweet and had this packet of bread sitting in my fridge. Suddenly, I remembered this recipe and thought, why not I make it. Immediately I started all the action and in the next 40 minutes, the dessert was done. This is a warm dessert and therefore, we enjoyed it after dinner in the same speed it got out of the oven. Hehe…
Bread and Butter Pudding
- 8 slices of bread
- Butter as required
- 500 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Cashews and chocochips for sprinkling
- Butter the bread slices generously and form into sandwiches - total you will have four.
- Cut diagonally and arrange on an oven-proof glassware.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan. Add the sugar and stir till dissolved.
- Beat the eggs lightly with a fork and slowly pour into the hot milk, stirring constantly to ensure that the eggs don't curdle.
- Add in the vanilla essence and cook for a few minutes till the milk gets slightly thicker.
- Switch off the flame and pour it on top of the prepared bread and butter.
- Sprinkle the cashews and choco-chips generously on top and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes till the top gets slightly browned.
- Serve warm as is, or with a scoop of ice-cream, for further more added calories!!! Hehe...
2. If using milk bread, adjust sugar levels accordingly.
3. You can use anything to sprinkle on top - raisins, almonds, etc. The choice is yours.
4. Ensure to serve warm. I tried eating it cold, but didn't like the taste, so microwaved it for a minute and had it. 🙂