I woke up in the morning, wanting to make put the cake into good use, to make a dessert that the kids would enjoy. So I made this individual sized trifle which was a mini-black forest. It was wiped out in no time. We enjoyed it after dinner and absolutely loved it. So next time, you have leftover chocolate cake or a wrecked up cake like I had, then do try this easy to assemble dessert and satisfy yourself!
Black Forest Trifle
- 2 cups of chocolate cake crumbled
- 1 sachet of non-diary whipping powder prepared as per instructions (500 ml whipped cream)
- 250 ml whipping cream + 1/2 cup icing sugar whipped till stiff
- 1 small pack glace cherries
- Keep 6 shot glasses ready.
- Start layering them with chocolate cake, whipped cream, chopped cherries, then repeat till there are whipped cream on the top. Repeat for all the glasses.
- Allow the dessert to rest for an hour in the fridge.