Off to today’s recipe, one of the lazy meals that I always love to make – pasta and tuna are an awesome combination. If you don’t like tuna, you can always replace it with chicken, however the cooking time will not be eligible for being called a lazy meal!!! 😉 Recipe adapted from BBC Good Food ME
Tuna Pasta Bake
- 250 gm pasta any type, cooked till done
- 20 gm butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 300 ml milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 x 170 gm tins light meat flake tuna
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- Mozarella cheese as required
- Cook the pasta, drain and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the milk and stir continously till the sauce becomes thick and has no lumps. Add in salt and pepper, mix well and switch off.
- Drain the tuna of all the excess oil.
- Heat a frying pan and dump the tuna into it. Continuously saute till the tuna gets almost dry (don't completely dry it, otherwise the pasta will be very dry).
- Add in the masalas and fry for a couple of minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Spread the cooked macaroni in a glass baking pan. Pour the sauce on top of it. Spread the tuna evenly to cover the macaroni. Finally sprinkle the mozzarella cheese till the top is covered.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes, till the cheese melts. Serve warm!!!