Wanted to share this beautiful poem, just for reading and enjoying sake… 🙂 It took me two reads to get the whole gyst of it… hehe… just a beautiful way of putting the concept of love…
OK, off to another lovely bread that I baked some time ago. Anything with banana, I am always game, but then if it has coconut and walnuts, then I just cannot resist. When I saw this recipe at Shema’s space, I knew I had to try it, as all the flavors mentioned are just what I would have loved. And I was definitely not mistaken. I baked this the night before for breakfast the next day morning and so guilt-lessly gulped into two large slices along with my cup of green tea at office. Shared a part with my colleagues as well, who loved it – yeah, the little bunch who sit with me and bare with me day in and day out, I don’t know if I am actually torturing them by making them my “taste testers”, hehe… so far I have not received any complaints!!! 😉 A bread that I loved to have along with breakfast and recommended if you are a banana-coconut lover!
Toasted Coconut Walnut Banana Bread
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 bananas mashed well
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut flakes for topping
- Toast the coconut flakes in a saucepan till nicely browned. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease and flour a large loaf pan and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients from flours to salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and brown sugar till combined.
- Add the milk, vanilla and banana and beat again.
- Now slowly add in the dry ingredients in batches, beating with each addition till no lumps. Instead of beating, you can use your whisk and combine well.
- Finally add in the toasted coconut flakes and walnuts and give one final mix.
- Pour into the loaf pan and tap to level. Sprinkle the coconut flakes on the top evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 65-75 minutes till tester comes out clean - my oven took me 80 minutes for the cake to be done.
- Cool in the pan. Slice and serve!