Mushroom is one vegetable I love to eat, but then was never confident of cooking it myself. The only mushroom dish that I have tried making and loved it was this stir fry that I had made along with chicken in it. As usual, on one of the veg-days, my browsing on my phone came to the rescue and I found this curry. I just don’t remember the source. 🙁 I was slightly apprehensive as it has a very gingery taste and was not sure how the men would appreciate it, but thankfully, it was well accepted so here I am sharing it with you! 🙂
Ginger Mushroom Curry
- 500 gm mushrooms washed and quartered
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 large onions sliced
- 3 green chillies
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder I used half Kashmiri chilli powder
- 2 to matoes chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a saucepan and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add in the onions and cook till it becomes soft.
- Add in the green chilies and ginger paste and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the coriander and turmeric powder and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and chilli powder and cook on low flame with closed lid till the oil floats on the top and the tomatoes are all smashed up.
- Add a little water, around 1/2 cup, allow to boil.
- Now add in the mushrooms, mix well and cook till the mushrooms are done.
- Sprinkle garam masala and adjust the salt. Garnish with curry leaves and serve.