One matter I would always say Alhamdulillah about is if I get the kids to clean up their plates. Both of them are so fussy with their eating that sometimes I feel like ripping my head apart. This is one snack that they would happily clean up, including Rasha who is not very fond of eggs. The name and description is straightforward – softened plantains mixed up with sweetened scrambled eggs. A very simple snack that can be done in less than 10 minutes and devoured in even more less time!
Love plantains? Then here are some more ideas…
- 2 large plantains (nenthrapazham), chopped into small pieces
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ghee
- A pinch cardamom
- 3-4 cashews, slit
- 5-6 raisins
- Heat ghee in a sauce pan. Briefly fry the cashews and raisins.
- Add the chopped plantains and saute for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and continue to cook the plantains till soft. If you like it to have a brown shade, go ahead as well!
- Break in the eggs and mix it vigorously till it resembles scrambles. Cook for another 5 minutes. Switch off and serve warm with a cup of chai!