I guess I will go on an overload of chicken on my blog. Yesterday, it was the sumptuous Badami Chicken offered by Shibi, and without realizing much, I put up Jodhpuri Chicken on my “Coming up Next” position. Once Shibi’s post went live, did I realize that I had lined up another chicken post. Hmm… I should have put in a sweet or if not, a snack at-least. Khair, koi baath nahi, I will go as per my schedule as set by my subconscious mind. I saw this recipe on Vidhya’s page (who is a fellow UAE-ian!) and immediately put it into preparation. We devoured it down along with chapathis and it was really yummy…. A definite to try…
Jodhpuri Murg/ Chicken
- 1 kg chicken cut into meduim sized peices
- 2 tbsp oil separated
- 3 cardamom slightly crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 dry red chillies broken
- 5-6 black peppercorns slightly crushed
- 4 large onions sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 large tomatoes pureed
- 4 tbsp yogurt lightly beaten
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan. Add the whole spices and fry till the aroma comes.
- Add the onions and cook till the onions become tender.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste along with the masala powders and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and cook till the onions get completely cooked.
- Heat the remaining oil in a kadai and shallow fry the chicken pieces along with salt and a pinch of turmeric for five minutes, till the outside becomes white in color.
- Add this chicken along with the yogurt into the cooked masala and continue cooking it on low flame till the chicken becomes tender and is well cooked.
- Finally sprinkle with the kasoori methi and serve hot with roti, naan or rice!!!