Some beautiful words that I came across during my casual browsing, that I wanted to share with all of you… 🙂
I guess I will attribute love to chocolate. Sheesh… never ever talks on chocolate will be enough… though I try myself to ween off it, the temptation just comes back to me in full force. So that’s why I am sharing this awesome brownie with you… if there is somebody who really tempted me to try these brownies, then it’s Sri through this awesome post of hers. Just looking and gawking at the pictures, I so wanted to bake it but conveniently forgot about it. On a fine morning, when we were invited for a barbecue party, umma was insisting that I bake a couple of cakes as a treat for our hosts. That is when this brownie suddenly appeared into my head. I quickly referred to the recipe and made it. The brownies were still unsettled when I clicked them and packed them to take along. But once these were opened to serve after dinner, they just vanished in a jiffy. These were that good, trust me, especially you are one among who love those goey, melt in the mouth kind of brownies… Recipe from here
After reading my post, if you are wondering which one was the other cake, yes, that post is also coming up soon. Do stay tuned! 🙂
- 200 gm dark chocolate (I used 71%)
- 250 gm butter, softened and cubed
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 250 gm sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 25 gm cocoa powder
- 65 gm all purpose flour
- 4 heaped tbsp Horlicks malt powder
- 4 medium eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease and flour a brownie pan and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water till well melted and combined. Add the vanilla essence and set aside to cool.
- Combine the dry ingredients in another bowl and add it to the chocolate mixture. Start whisking it to combine.
- Break in the eggs and mix well. The batter will be glossy.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes till the top is crusty.
- Cool in the pan completely before cutting and enjoying!