Today, I am sharing with you a loaf that I had baked some time ago to cover up some night cravings. One thing I am not able to do as of now, is if I really want to bake something, I have to think twice, thanks to my umma!!! She is of the strong opinion that all that baking does is to add on calories and sugar and therefore it is a big no-no. How much ever I convince that all baking is not calorie laden, I have failed miserably till date. For instance, this bread, courtesy the VLCC site… All the ingredients are pretty available in the pantry, nothing much complicated, and what more, it uses wholewheat as the main ingredients! I baked it at night, and served it for breakfast the next day morning. We had it just like that, but I am sure it would taste too good with a spoonful of butter or jam or even more, Nutella!!!
Honey Banana Bread
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat your oven at 160 degrees. Grease a large loaf pan and keep aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together with a whisk until well combined.
- Now add all the wet ingredients and mix well till fully moist.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread to level on the top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip onto a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.