I love mousse, though it is not something I have tried at home before. The thought of raw eggs puts me off, though whenever I see mousse served at a buffet, it becomes a part of my platter!!! This was just an attempt to make some mousse with custard and I was not disappointed. Though I wouldn’t term it as “the mousse” – mousse in its original form is the best, of course! – I loved the texture and the feel and more than that, it’s ability of keep my chocolate-loving devil at rest!!! Hehe…
Eggless Chocolate Mousse
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp custard powder
- 125 gm pack thick cream chilled
- Divide the milk in 3/4 cup and 1/2 cup into 2 different pans.
- Add sugar in the first and bring to heat till sugar dissolves. Add the chocolate and stir till melted.
- In the other pan, add the custard to the remaining 1/2 cup and cook on low flame till thickened.
- Add this to the chocolate milk and whisk till combined. Allow to cool.
- Beat the cold cream with the 1 tbsp sugar and add into the mixture. Stir till well combined.
- Pour into 4 ramekins and cover with cling film. Keep in the fridge to set for 2 hours.