I don’t seem to have shared any quotes since long… Hmm… let me do that for today then…
Hasn’t He said: “We created man and We know what his own self whispers to him. We are nearer to him than his jugular vein.” (Surah Qaf: 16) So be patient, and He will bring it forth… 🙂
Mind for some chocolate just before going to sleep? Then these shots are the best. I had seen them in my copy of Chef Kunal Kapoor’s “Chef in Every Home” and immediately wanted to make it but I just delayed till I really craved for something chocolaty. It is literally like ganache but slightly thinner and once cool, it sets to a nice pudding like consistency. The chilli gives it a nice kick, just like it does in the Mexican Hot Chocolate! I had served it in shot glasses and it was more than enough to satisfy the urge!
- 125 ml cream
- 100 ml milk
- 75 gm dark chocolate block (I used 56%)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ cup sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook on low flame, stirring constantly till the chocolate melts and the sugar is dissolved.
- Sieve the mixture into another bowl to take off the chilli flakes.
- Pour into four shot glasses or two normal ramekins and allow to cool completely. As it sets, the dessert becomes smooth.
- Serve as a lovely after-dinner dessert!