Today I will go vegetarian. Cauliflower is one vegetable that is welcomed with open hands by my B. Anything with cauliflower, he is in for it. Sometimes, I feel that this vegetable if not cooked properly can taste really bad. Is it just this vegetable? Seriously, cooking veges is an art, which I seriously need to study!!! 🙂
- 1 meduim cauliflower cut into floret
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 small tomatoes sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Kashimri chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves/ coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan and cook onion till transparent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till it gets mashed up.
- Switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool slightly. Grind into a fine paste.
- In the same saucepan, add the remaining oil.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Then add all the masalas and cook till the raw smell of masalas are gone.
- Add the ground onion-tomato paste and the water, adjust salt and bring to boil.
- Now add in the cauliflower florets and cook till done.
- Garnish with curry leaves or coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or chapathis.