During fasting, we are always on a lookout for a simple yet filling meal. I have always felt that oats is an amazing staple to have in your kitchen during this time. First of all, it cooks amazingly first and tastes good if made in your own twists too. You can keep your porridge simple and go for topping of your choice in the forms of fruits and/or nuts. I have already mentioned in my suhoor post about many oats options already on the blog.
It got me thinking, why haven’t I included any of the oats with chocolate, especially when it is one of my favorite ingredients? Hmm… Finally here is the cooked version of chocolate oats. Just like any cooked oats, it comes through together in minutes and gets over soon too. I have made it with cocoa powder, which can be replaced with some chocolate, but to compensate for not having chocolate, I top it with some chocolate chips which melt into the hot oats when served immediately. 🙂 To make it more tempting, you can add fruits that make an amazing pair with chocolate, like strawberries and bananas, and even a sprinkle of nuts too! Off to the recipe…
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp honey
- Chocolate chips for topping
- Whisk the milk and cocoa powder till smooth and keep on low flame.
- As the mixture starts to heat up, add in the oats and mix well.
- Cook till the oats thickens.
- Switch off the flame, add vanilla and honey and mix well.
- Serve warm for breakfast topped with chocolate chips or even nuts.