A deliciously healthy frozen dessert made with mixed berries…
After posting the Andi Putt and the Honey Cornmeal Muffins, I was really confused what to post next for the theme of “Healthy Snacks” for the Blogging Marathon #132. I actually didn’t have much time to make something so I decided I will pick up something from my drafts. This sorbet kept staring at my face and I was confused whether to post it or not. A quick mail to Valli and she messaged, “Why not?” So here it is…
Azza loves sorbet more than ice creams. She prefers hers to be of berries than any other flavor. One reason I have frozen berries in my freezer is only to make this sorbet whenever we feel like having some frozen dessert which doesn’t feel that guilty. As long as you have frozen fruits, it is really easy to make sorbets. What more, you can eat it as soon as possible if you don’t want it to be hard. I tried sweetening the sorbet with part honey and part sugar, and I love the tinge of flavor that honey gave to the sorbet. I only have two sorbet recipes on the blog – Qamardeen tea flavored and papaya. I guess let’s just go straight into this really easy recipe…
Mixed Berry Sorbet
- 400 gm frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all the ingredients in a strong blender or food processor. Blend till smooth. Add water, if it gets too tight but in very small quantity.
- Pour into a container and freeze for a couple of hours.
- Take out and beat the mixture using a hand beater to crush all icicles. Freeze for another two hours.
- To scoop, keep out for 10 minutes. Scoop, serve and enjoy!