Yet another make ahead dessert that I really love to make is custard, loaded with fruits and nuts. It is so easy to make, yet a large bowl served comes back literally licked, that you wish you would have made more. I have always been deprived of eating it whenever I made this, so nowadays I ensure I keep a little bowl for myself before passing it to the gang to be attacked… hehe…
Fruits and Nut Custard
- 1 liter milk
- 4 heaped tbsp custard powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 big tin 500 gm mixed fruits
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts cashews, pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 tsp rose essence/ vanilla essence optional
- Combine the custard powder, milk and sugar in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Cook till the custard thickens. Cool completely.
- Drain the mixed fruits tin and put the fruits, nuts and rose/ vanilla essence into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cooled custard and mix well till combined.
- Cover with cling film and chill for a couple of hours before serving.
- Serve cold!