Something that happened last week, wanted to record it over here:
*Scene* Azza is standing with a glass behind a frantic me, who is trying to finish off my work.
Azza: “Ummi, I want water!”
She can very much go and take water from the dispenser but she chooses to nag me for it.
Me (a bit irritated): “Mole, you can see I am busy. I just have two hands. Please do take water from the dispenser.”
Azza (with a very matter-of-fact look): “Ummis are not supposed to have only two hands, they should have four hands!” She turns away and goes to take water.
*Facepalm* I guess I leave it at that… 🙂
Just yesterday, I was talking about temperatures lowering and I am posting an ice cream recipe today! Hehe… How much ever we would want, sometimes it is difficult to ignore those on-off ice-cream pangs. This is an easy icecream that can be just mixed and popped into the freezer overnight and enjoyed over the next day. I have bought an ice-cream maker, but my first trial didn’t turn out as good as I expected, so it is lying in a corner in the pantry. Since the climate is not very conducive, I am not taking it out but as the heat starts coming in, I may have a try at it again. Till then, off to this super simple yet delicious ice-cream… After all, it is chocolate. Who wouldn’t like it? 🙂
Easy Chocolate Icecream
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine milk, sugar and cocoa powder together in a saucepan.
- Cook on low flame till the cocoa powder dissolves completely and the mixtures look thickened.
- Switch off, add the vanilla extract and allow to cool.
- Whip the cream till soft peaks.
- Add the cooled chocolate milk and whip till combined.
- Pour into a container and allow to freeze for two hours.
- Take out and whip to break the ice crystals.
- Put back into the freezer and freeze overnight or till well set.
- To serve, leave on the kitchen top for five minutes. Scoop out and serve.