Like many, baking is therapeutic to me, but only if it would not make me feel so off with my weight! 😀 I have been on quite a low off late, especially since I have come back from vacation. I have been really struggling to get back into schedule. Either time is moving too fast or I have become slow – it is one of them. Thanks to this “lack” of time, the first thing that got docked off my list was baking. Not because I don’t enjoy it, I love the feeling of baking a lot and I miss doing it. But at times, I struggle at home to finish my bakes. Most of the time, it is me who is finishing it. If it is chocolate, Rasha is fine but otherwise she won’t touch it. Azza is really unpredictable – most of the time she acts as though I don’t give her anything to eat and creates such embarrassment. 😕 B used to eat, but now he has become too health conscious that he wouldn’t eat more than two pieces and would not cooperate in finishing the cake. HD is another case – serving him one piece itself ensues a big drama. “Why do you always bake sweet?” is his remark most of the time. I can’t help it. For me, baking is more sweet than savory. I am trying to change my attitude, but somehow I don’t seem to get it right. Hehe…
If you love fruit and nut chocolate, then you will love these brownies. I found this recipe here and had to make it since I love dates and cashew nuts and a combination of it would be lovely, though personally, I love my dates along with almonds (just like this delicious milkshake!) As you can see, the brownies were fudgy and the intermittent bites of dates and cashew nuts made it even more delicious. Since the brownie is not very thick, you can have a couple or even three slices and not feel too guilty about eating it! 😉 If you do love brownies, then there are quite a few on the blog that you would love to check! Off to this delicious recipe…
Date Cashewnut Brownies
- 100 gm dark chocolate I used 52%
- 100 gm butter
- 75 gm sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 70 gm flour
- 25 gm cocoa powder
- 100 gm dates chopped
- 50 gm cashewnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Grease a brownie pan and keep aside.
- Melt butter and dark chocolate on low heat till smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add in sugar and mix well.
- Break in one egg each and beat till well combined. After adding all the eggs, you will have a glossy mixture.
- Whisk the flour and cocoa powder in a bowl. Tip into the chocolate mixture and fold till all is moist.
- Fold in the dates and cashew nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool in pan completely before cutting in 16 squares and serving.