Sometimes, a weekend calls for a lazy dinner. When umma is not around, I hesitate to go out with the kids, especially on Thursdays as coming back from work makes me feel really tired and yes, Rasha hates that excuse!!! One Thursday, when I had a balloon-faced Rasha sitting in the hall, upset with me for not taking them out, I whipped up this easy, ready within 30 minutes dinner and you wouldn’t believe how fast that “balloon” deflated! She and Azza absolutely loved their sandwiches to the core. Nothing much fancy, but really filling…
Chicken Paratha Sandwich
- 1 tsp oil
- 250 gm boneless chicken chopped into tiny bite pieces
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- A generous pinch of kasuri methi dry fenugreek leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 small cucumber sliced into long strips
- 1 small carrot sliced into long strips
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 parathas I used ready made frozen ones
- Heat oil in a fry pan. Add the chicken along with ingredients till salt and mix well. Sprinkle some water, and cook on low flame for ten minutes or till done.
- Open the lid, add the sliced onion. Cook till the stock of the chicken is all dried up. Keep stirring to avoid the chicken sticking to the pan. Switch off.
- Divide the filling into three equal portions.
- Warm the parathas or if using ready made ones, cook them.
- Spread one part of the chicken. Sprinkle the cucumber, carrot and 1 tbsp. of mayonnaise.
- Roll it and wrap it tight using an aluminium foil to hold everything in place.
- Devour as is for a filling snack or a simple dinner!