A very simple recipe for today – the way we fry our chicken. This is a no-frill attached recipe – just put in all the ingredients for the chicken and get frying! By the way, it is really difficult to find people who love fried chicken! I haven’t been frying for quite some time due to the fear of dipping them deep into a huge bowl of oil. But once I got the air fryer, I have been frying chicken on and off. I am already thinking of frying a whole chicken, hopefully soon! 🙂 Till then, moving on to this simple recipe…
Kozhi Varuthathu ~ Malabar Style Chicken Fry
- 1 kg chicken cut into medium pieces (I used thighs)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vinegar or a juice of one lime
- Wash and drain the chicken well. Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl in a dry paste - do not add any water.
- Add the chicken and coat well all over. Marinate for at least one hour.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and deep fry on medium flame till browned and cooked - or like I did, you can use your air fryer to fry it in a healthy way!