Blueberries are like my new found love. I have been buying them, eating them and adding them into everything and anything possible. So much as that my drafts even reflect how many blueberry recipes I have… hehe… Sharing with you some of the blueberry recipes already on the blog…
This decadent, buttery loaf is adapted from here. I first baked this to carry it to my umma’s cousins house when we were invited for lunch. She totally loved the bake and was all praises about it. I then baked this once for her to carry it for my folks back home and also made half the recipe for a small cake for ourselves. The tangy blueberry bites in between the butter loaf is the highlight of this simple loaf. This is one of the rare bakes that have gone to get tried more than once, since we all loved it so much. Off to the recipe…
Blueberry Loaf Cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 115 gm butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 250 gm blueberries 2 packs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and flour a loaf pan and set aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and beat till creamy.
- Add eggs one after the other and beat after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and briefly beat.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and 1/3 cup of milk and beat on low speed till combined.
- Add again half the flour and the remaining milk and beat till combined.
- Add the blueberries into the remaining flour, sift with a spatula.
- Add into the beaten mixture and fold in till all the flour is moist and the batter is well mixed. Do not overfold.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, still the skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before flipping onto a rack. Cool completely before slicing and serving.