Remember the granola post a few days back? Well, this was one recipe I created with them. I so badly wanted to bake some granola bars with them, alas I ended up eating most of it with my milk and the kids finished off the rest by taking small bowls of them to munch on while watching cartoons. The pictures are not very clear since I was in a rush to carry them with me to office and sometimes, the camera acts really weird, as though it knows that time is limited! 🙁
I love breakfasts like these, just like overnight oats – you can find two ideas already on the blog here and here – which becomes easy and handy to carry to office especially when time in the morning is really too tight. The apricots can be substituted with any fruit – figs, berries, the choice is endless. All you need to do it is assemble them into a jar, close them and carry with you wherever you are going. When it is time, dig in a spoon, give it a nice stir and then take out spoonful by spoonful, and then enjoy! 🙂
Apricot Yogurt Granola Parfait
- 10 dried apricot chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- Low fat yogurt as required
- Plain granola as required
- Cook the apricot with sugar in water till soft and mash-able. It took me almost 20 minutes on low flame to get it soft. Mash with the help of a wooden spoon.
- In a tall glass, prepare a yogurt layer, top with a thin layer of apricot, put in a thick layer of granola. Repeat till the apricot is finished and it comes as the last layer.
- Allow the dessert to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge. Dig in!