In between, I had started sharing a few microwave recipes, which you can refer to here. This is the last meal I cooked in the microwave by referring to this recipe, after which I have not tried because I found it easier to cook on the gas stove than otherwise. However, with the summers peaking and the kitchen becoming really uncomfortable to stand in, maybe I should be thinking about getting back to it! This is a delicious curry that doesn’t at all look or feel like it has been cooked in the microwave. It is delicious and would pair really well with a bowl of fried rice… Off to the way it is made…
Chicken in Hot Garlic Sauce ~ Microwave Cooking
- 750 gm chicken cut into medium sized pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 6 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli paste
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1 capsicum cubed
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp red chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 sachet seasoning powder
- 3 tbsp corn flour dissolved into 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- In a microwave bowl, combine chicken with 1 cup of water, 1 tbsp oil and little salt and cook covered for 6 minutes.
- In another bowl, combined the remaining oil, garlic, red chilli paste and white of the onion and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Add the above cooked onions to the chicken. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook uncovered in microwave for a total of 12 minutes, stirring the sauce every 4 minutes to ensure proper thickening.
- Sprinkle in the green of the spring onion and serve warm! It was awesome with bread.