1. I used light brown sugar, the original recipe had dark brown sugar - explains the color difference!
2. I didn't have vanilla essence, so I used vanilla flavor. If using vanilla essence, the quantity is 1 tsp.
3. Since I used salted pecans, I didn't add any salt to the cookie dough. If using fresh pecan, then roast them lightly before chopping them and add 1/2 tsp salt.
4. Jehanne suggests sprinkling sea salt on the top of the cookies before baking, which I didn't do. So if you do like to make it that way, then do try it.
5. The recipe states baking for 15 minutes, but I baked 18 minutes as I don't trust my oven!!! :)
6. As per the book, the recipe makes 24 cookies, I got exactly 28.