1. The plantain mash should be pliable. If it is slightly watery, then it becomes difficult to manage. To adjust, you may add a tbsp of all-purpose flour or rice flour and mix well to make it thick.
2. The plantains used should not be raw or not overripe. It should be of medium ripeness, otherwise the taste would not be good.
3. The inner filling can be only coconut or only egg. Normally sweet scrambled egg is used.
4. While working on the unnakayas, really grease your hand, I mean, really!!!
5. You can freeze the unnakayas for around a month. When ready to fry, you can just thaw it for an hour and fry in hot oil till done.